Thursday, July 23, 2009

Chicktweets at Between The Lines

We had a great turnout last night at Between The Lines - great music, great dips, great company as usual. There was a lot of art that I wanted to buy from my fellow exhibitors... I'm very very tempted. Got a freebie from one of the artists, Dill Malik - an exclusive, signed and never-before-seen sketch from her moleskine (similar to her exhibits which she's selling at 200 bucks a pop) - I'm thrilled!

Here it is (have to ask her what it's called...)



A little bit about what Sidney and I worked on. We chose to work with pick-up lines. So I googled corny pick-up lines and chose some of the worst lines to use, then we discussed the scenarios and he went off to paint the landscapes. Of course, what inspired him took a turn away from the mundane and I was surprised and challenged at the same time to make them work conceptually - but I enjoyed it thoroughly.

This one is called FART, 20" x 20", Acrylic on canvas, RM550 - SOLD YESTERDAY!




CONDO 18" x 30" Acrylic on Canvas, RM700

Condo was meant to portray the cheap pick-up lines that politicians throw at us to convince us that we need something we don't.




JINGLE BELL 30" x 40" Acrylic on Canvas, RM1,200 - SOLD YESTERDAY!

This one is about the working girls who say they want to love you but really don't, and don't really have a choice... I really love what my brother did with the shophouses and the impressionist lighting...

This pic is not great, taken with my itty-bitty phone...



This pic is a higher resolution but isn't really representative of the colours because of the spotlights at the gallery.




THANKS TO ALL THOSE WHO CAME OR WILL COME TO THE SHOW! Between the Lines is on at the Annexe Gallery from now till August 2, 11am - 8pm.

bisous

No comments:

Post a Comment